“A glimmer of hope for a fatal feline disease Controlling risk factors for feline infectious peritonitis is difficult, while new antiviral drugs show great promise”
The clinical trial drug that saved our precious Luna, and many others, discussed here in brief, in a newly published article:
Luna has hit and passed her 10th month birthday (Nov. 9th).  She is the epitome of health and spunk…hard to believe she was at death’s door in April.  This drug trial, and the one preceding it in 2016, are undeniable proof that antiviral therapy is the future for curing FIP in certain cases.

8 Replies to “More Information Regarding the Successful FIP Antiviral Drug Trials from the December 2017 AVMA Publication”

1. December 12, 2017 at 10:39 pm

Piss and Vinegar is exactly what Luna girl is! Yes, I feel the same as you. FIP is the devil!

2. December 12, 2017 at 10:36 pm

Cyndy, the trials have been closed since the summer and there were about 26 cats in it. The other one was in 2016. To the best of my knowledge, there are no further trials in the works, but I urge you to check out the UCD website under their clinical trials section to see if anything is up and coming. I’m sorry you have sustained so much loss. That was me back in 2013…just one after another…

3. December 12, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Oh my goodness! Are you saying that you lost BOTH of them to FIP at the age of 9? 🙁 How disheartening and unreal that somehow their immunity was knocked down enough that corona could mutate to FIP at that age! And at the same time! I am constantly shocked at the stories like this that I’m hearing. I’m very sad for your losses.

4. December 12, 2017 at 10:25 pm

How horrible..and how unbelievable that he has made it one year! That is utterly unheard of for wet FIP. He must have a very strong immune system! The drugs have not been FDA approved, therefore, no drug companies in the US are manufacturing them. What meds is Bailey taking? Prednison, Interferon etc.?

5. Bailey
    December 3, 2017 at 7:06 pm

My kitty of one year has been recently diagnosed with wet FIP, but is still being a trooper and playing and eating but I can tell he is so uncomfortable with all that fluid in him. 🙁 Do you know if the antiviral treatment is available for purchase anywhere? When the vet gave the diagnoses she just explained it was a grave prognosis and that she wouldn’t know how long our Toby has, but it has been at least a few weeks since he’s gotten big and still seems to be doing okay despite his size. I’m hoping he will be able to stay with us for a long time, but not sure what our options are!

6. Peggy Bingham
    December 1, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Your beautiful cat is a true testament! I felt so ripped off at the lost of my two Bengal brothers (they were 9), I know we were lucky to have them for that long, so many kitty’s die too young! This needs to be conquered!!

7. Cyndy
    December 1, 2017 at 2:41 pm

How did you qualify for the drugs/trial? Do you know if it was a closed test, it had an end date? My sweet Onxy was diagnosed today amd I’m wrecked. My mom, uncle and best friend passed this year too and I’m so done losing all my loves.

8. Denise Kornblatt
    November 30, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Every time I see that little piss and vinegar girl Luna I could just cry. I don’t even mind the drugs were not here to save my baby Simon. I just want FIP TO END!! Just annialated!!! I am so angry at FIP I could just spit! Go Luna go !! Much love Deb